Rui Costa, Drew Hodun - Google Cloud Cookbook (2021)

GuDron

dumpz.ws
Admin
Реакции
Credits
Google Cloud Cookbook
Авторы: Rui Costa, Drew Hodun (2021)
фронт.jpg
Building applications has never been easier or more exciting than in the era of the public cloud. Engineers can build faster, better, and bigger with the myriad of cloud tools and providers available to them. As organizations continue adopting the cloud to run their workloads, engineers need to learn new skills continually to run these workloads successfully in the cloud. This book provides you with recipes that we feel will help you get started running your workloads on Google Cloud. Who Should Read This Book If you are a software engineer, cloud architect, data scientist, site reliability engineer, or sysadmin, and you’re working with Google Cloud, this book is for you. As an engineer working with Google Cloud services, you need to understand all the services available to you, including how to leverage them in your code, scripts, and solutions. If you are new to the cloud or moving from another cloud provider, the recipes and code samples within will quickly familiarize you with building on Google Cloud. More experienced Google Cloud engineers will still benefit from some of the more advanced techniques at the end of every chapter or from chapters covering an area less familiar to them. These recipes were created and selected from years of experience getting Google Cloud customers up and running quickly. Why I Wrote This Book Rui Costa Before joining Google, I worked as a consultant where I helped organizations adopt cloud services. As a consultant, I worked with organizations to understand their business and technical requirements. I helped them build architectures and deployment strategies to migrate or build their applications successfully in the cloud. In my first three years at Google, I worked in a similar role, with a strong emphasis on Google Cloud. About two years ago, I took a new role at Google as a learning consultant. In my current role, I build custom learning content for Google Cloud. Building new learning programs requires me to stay updated as much as the engineers who will be taking the course and using it to deploy their applications on Google Cloud. For this, I always have to stay up-to-date with the services Google Cloud provides. When building these courses, I’m always referring to the Google Cloud documentation website, collaborating with subject matter experts, and learning from my students. This process takes time, and I yearned for a book that I could reference for quick, repeatable recipes. I decided to write this book as a reference for all to use and gain quick access to recipes that you can use in your journey with Google Cloud. I also have a strong background in software engineering and tried to apply this experience to the recipes in this book. You will find recipes that are not just applicable to using Google Cloud services but also to how to build your application with Google Cloud if it’s based on Java, Go, Python, or Node.js. There is something for everyone. Drew Hodun Working for years as a customer-facing engineer at Google, I helped customer after customer and engineer after engineer get started on Google Cloud. I still love those aha moments I witness when an engineer opens Cloud Shell in-browser for the first time or runs their first BigQuery query that processes 100 billion regex expressions in 20 seconds. They are excited because they see the possibility to build better, bigger, faster. With this book, I hope to share many of the tips, tricks, and getting-started knowledge that we’ve built up over the years onboarding customers to Google Cloud and wish I’d known at the beginning of my cloud journey. Although this book covers the products and services of Google Cloud as well as some common architectural patterns, it also contains slick shortcuts and advice throughout to make you a more experienced Google Cloud engineer.