News/Info Ridley Scott has mixed opinions about Fortnite's parody of Apple's 1984 commercial

emailx45

Местный
Реакции
Credits
Ridley Scott has mixed opinions about Fortnite's parody of Apple's 1984 commercial
By Usama Jawad · Sep 1, 2020
[SHOWTOGROUPS=4,20,22]

The court battle between Apple and Epic Games is still raging on, with both sides expected to submit their respective arguments over the next few weeks with a full hearing scheduled on September 28, 2020.

Circling back to the early stages of this feud, Epic Games mocked Apple by releasing a parody version of the Cupertino tech giant's famous "1984" commercial, this time showing Apple as the antagonist "Big Brother". Famed movie director Ridley Scott, who is the mastermind behind Apple's futuristic advertisement, has now shared his views on the parody.

Для просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся
For those unaware, Для просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся, and was directed by Ridley Scott, Для просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся at that time.
While Scott is impressed with the animation in the parody, he appears to have mixed views about the message itself. Для просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся, the director stated:
I sure have [seen the commercial] and I wrote to them because on the one hand I can be fully complimented by the fact they copied [my commercial] shot for shot, but pity the message is so ordinary when they could have been talking about democracy or more powerful things… And they didn’t use it.

I think the animation was terrific, the idea was terrific, the message was 'ehh'.
It's unclear why Scott expected Epic Games to use his work to portray a more powerful message in a feud related to gaming and taxes over in-app purchases. You can Для просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся.

Source: Для просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся | Для просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся

[/SHOWTOGROUPS]