emailx45

Местный
Реакции
Credits
How to customize the Google Search widget on your Android home screen
By Rajesh Pandey @ePandu · Sep 20, 2020 07:12 EDT1
[SHOWTOGROUPS=4,20,22]

1600598348_google-search-widget-customisation_story.jpg

The default home screen of most Android devices largely looks the same. They all have a Google Search widget as mandated by Для просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся.

That Google Search widget is helpful as well since you can use it to quickly search the web, Maps, as well as trigger Assistant, and do much more.

If you are heavily into theming your Android home screen, the stock Google Search widget might stick out like an eye store in cases where you opt for a darker theme or a black and white look. The good thing is that the Google Search widget can be customized to your liking as well and you don't even need to use a third-party launcher for this.
Irrespective of which launcher you use, Google allows you to customize the search widget and surprisingly, the customization options are pretty in-depth as well.

Step 1: Open the Google app on your phone and then tap the More tab at the bottom. From the menu that opens up, tap Customize Widget.

1600598086_google-widget-customisation_story.jpg

Step 2: You will now be shown various customization options related to the Google Search widget. This includes being able to select a light or dark theme for the widget or even a custom color for it as per your liking.

Step 3: You can also customize how the corners of the widget look like -- rounded or squarish. Additionally, you can select whether you just want a plain 'G' or 'Google' as the logo in the search bar. Lastly, there's also the option to increase or decrease the transparency of the search widget.

1600598035_google-search-widget-looks_story.jpg

After you are done customizing the widget as per your liking, simply tap on Done on the top-right corner.

Do note that the customizations you make will be applicable to all instances of the Google Search widget on the home screen of your Android device.

The customization options are also available if you use a third-party launcher like Nova or Action so you can achieve the desired look as per your home screen's style.

[/SHOWTOGROUPS]

eatmaster

Турист
Реакции
Credits
Поисковую строку не использую, потому что она открывает не Chrome, а какой-то непонятный браузер, который открывает лишь 1 вкладку. Наверное только у меня так...

emailx45

Местный
Реакции
Credits
Здесь, на моем MotoG4, при нажатии пальцем на нижний экран в течение нескольких секунд появляются три значка параметров, среди них «ВИДЖЕТЫ». В нем я могу выбрать отображение панели поиска Chrome. Итак, я выбираю его, и он появляется на моем рабочем столе MotoG4, и поиск выполняется с помощью Chrome, а результат обычно отображается в Chrome. Никакого другого «странного» браузера.

На моем MotoG4 установлена Android 7.0 Nougat, которая была обновлена в апреле 2018 года здесь, в Бразилии, и не имела других обновлений.
-------
Here on my MotoG4, by pressing my finger on the bottom screen for a few seconds, three options icons appear, among them, the "WIDGETS". In it I can choose to show a Chrome search bar. So, I choose it, and, it appears on my MotoG4 desktop, and, searches are done using Chrome, and the result is shown in Chrome, normally. No other "weird" browser.

My MotoG4 has Android 7.0 Nougat, which was updated in April 2018 here in Brazil and had no other updates.