Delphi X6 migration to a new PC

yawu

Турист
Реакции
Credits
So, I'm moving my Delphi XE6 installation to a new computer, how, if possible, may I transfer my Delphi settings ? ( 3rd party vcl components ) ? I don't want to install everything again.

Or do you thing that a good way is to install delphi in a virtual computer ?

Regards.

emailx45

Местный
Реакции
Credits
It has a built-in tool for this task, but for third parties it may not work because the various stakeholders are not used in this task.

So, to avoid configuration and compilation errors, install the installation using at least one component compilation and installation in the IDE using the package manager.

The component source files you can copy without problems, so then just open the package group (DPK) and recompile, and then this part is quick.

You can still copy REGISTRY keys for your components, if you know where they are recorded ... as before, it is no longer indicated. Here, an Embarcadero guide

Для просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся

File:MigrationTool-Export1.png
500px-MigrationTool-Export1.png

The Settings Migration Tool supports Delphi 7 and all newer versions of RAD Studio, Delphi or C++Builder. RAD Studio versions released before Delphi 7 are not officially supported. You can migrate the configuration settings from a RAD Studio version to the same or newer version, but not to previous RAD Studio versions; backward compatibility is not provided.

Последнее редактирование:

FireWind

Свой
Реакции
Credits
If you use the "Migration tool" don't forget to install Delphi with the path as in the previous installation. I installed Delphi 10.3.1 in c:\BDS\20.0, and then installed Delphi 10.3.2 in c:\BDS\ - "Migration tool" broke my new IDE. I was forced to install Delphi 10.3.2 again.

yawu

Турист
Реакции
Credits
It has a built-in tool for this task, but for third parties it may not work because the various stakeholders are not used in this task.

So, to avoid configuration and compilation errors, install the installation using at least one component compilation and installation in the IDE using the package manager.

The component source files you can copy without problems, so then just open the package group (DPK) and recompile, and then this part is quick.

You can still copy REGISTRY keys for your components, if you know where they are recorded ... as before, it is no longer indicated. Here, an Embarcadero guide

Для просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся

File:MigrationTool-Export1.png
Can't see the link, guess I need to participate more, thanks anyway.

emailx45

Местный
Реакции
Credits
search for "Migration Tool" on Embarcadero site

FireWind

Свой
Реакции
Credits
migration tool is part of BDS: "BDS path"\bin\migrationtool.exe