Delphi 10.4 Sydney - # Delphi104 (* goodbye ARC... ) - #ComingSoon by Frank Lauter

emailx45

Местный
Реакции
Credits
Delphi 10.4 Sydney - # Delphi104 - #ComingSoon
Frank Lauter - 11/5/2020
[SHOWTOGROUPS=4,20]
Hello my friends!
Yes, I have permission to blog about the upcoming new version of Delphi 10.4 Sydney!

First, I want to answer the most pressing question for all FMX mobile developers:

What about ARC?
-- It's gone, it's history, I hope I will never see any kind of ARC again!

The next one on my list is Metal ... No more OpenGL (ES) on iOS.

It has a nice new function: You can set the frame rate, e.g. fixed to 60FPS or only update the screen if something has changed. I haven't done any long-term tests with this setting, but I'm assuming that this will significantly increase battery life.

My iOS app flies with both - NO ARC and Metal! Not just by the bare numbers, you can really feel the new performance!

Also very nice: The new Для просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся has already blogged about it. Please follow the link!

Why are these records so interesting? Well I have a 34 year old huge app that has grown from TP to Delphi. In this app we mainly use records. At the moment we can only use short strings.

And why?

For example, if a record contains an Ansi or Unicode string:
Код:
TFoo = Record
Name: String;
end;

Every procedure that wants to use a TFoo instance does:
Код:
Procedure Bar (Var aFoo: TFoo);
var
Buff: TFoo;
begin.
Buff: = aFoo;
aFoo.Name: = 'other name';
// ...
aFoo: = Buff;
end;

Since you only copy the reference by name, changing aFoo.Name also changesBuff.Name . So the buffer doesn't work at all!

The new records have a copying method in which you can create a copy of the string by calling Setlength .

For the first time in history, migrating from D2007 to 10.4 will save a lot of work. We'll see - a long way to go.

By the way: Now is a good time to renew your subscription. Please click on the banner below.

Happy programming with this #ComingSoon new version of # Delphi104!

[/SHOWTOGROUPS]