Converting Delphi Angles between Degrees, Radians and X/Y by Scott Hollows

emailx45

Местный
Реакции
Credits
Converting Delphi Angles between Degrees, Radians and X/Y
Scott Hollows - 14/Sep/2016
[SHOWTOGROUPS=4,20]
If you need to convert angles in Delphi between degrees (0 – 360), radians and X/Y coordinates you have come to the right place. Ill show you how to do it in just one line of code, two if you count the USES entry

angle_conversions

Download
Для просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся the full source code and demo project in Delphi 10.1 (Berlin) format.

These will most likely work in many earlier versions of Delphi

Some of the angle conversions are easy
To convert Radian to Degrees use Delphi’s built in RadToDeg function in the System.Math unit

To convert Degrees to Radian use Delphi’s built in DegToRad function in the System.Math unit

Some are more difficult. Use my routines for those
This is an overview of my conversion routines in the AngleConvertU.pas unit, plus the built in Delphi conversions routines

angle_conversions

Boring Behind The Scenes Bits
The Radian to X / Y routines are based on SIN and COS functions.
Код:
x := sin (myRadian); 
y := cos (myRadian);

The SIN and COS functions are radian based, not degree based. That might confuse you at first if you are used to 360 Degrees, but remember you can easily convert Radian to Degrees (see above for example)

Zero Angle At The Bottom – weoh thats craaazy !
Delphi’s co-ordinate system has the top left pixel at (0,0) and the Y axis increases in value as it stretches down to the bottom of the screen. That is the reverse of how we normally use angles where the Y axis decreases towards the bottom. As a result, my conversion routines use 0 degrees at the bottom like this. If that doesn’t float your goat, you have access to my source code so you can rewrite tje code or add a wrapper to my functions.

angles_down_is_0

Done !
Its that simple. Just use my unit or the built in Delphi function.
Its just one line of code to call each angle conversion routines
Код:
var
  vRadian : single;
begin
  vRadian := zzXYtoDegreeReal(X, Y);
end;

Download
Для просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся the source code and demo project in Delphi 10.1 (Berlin) format.

It should open in earlier versions of Delphi, although with some complaints

[/SHOWTOGROUPS]