Special Care of Delphi 10.4

FireWind

Свой
Реакции
Credits
Special Care of Delphi 10.4
2020-07-20 by Arnaud Bouche
[SHOWTOGROUPS=4,20]
A regression in the Delphi 10.4 compiler was identified. Its optimizer wrongly deletes some code, in one very specific part of the framework.
sillybug.jpg, Jul 2020

As a result a GPF (Access violation) may be triggered with Delphi 10.4 in release mode - the debug mode (when optimization is disabled) has no problem. Thanks to great user feedback, we were able to circumvent it. But we should better stay in alert, like any mORMot, until Delphi 10.4 officially release a patch.
Sadly, I don't have any Delphi 10.4 licence so I can't reproduce it. I don't see any issue with Delphi 10.3.3 Community Edition, and most older versions (up to Delphi 6) I could try.

But Sakura found the root cause and Для просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся. He created a Для просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся, with some reproducing code. We are waiting for a fix from Embarcadero side.

Sounds like if that with the latest commits, Для просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся, while waiting for an official fix in the Delphi 10.4 compiler.

Thanks again Sakura, and Для просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся!
[/SHOWTOGROUPS]