George Heineman - Learning Algorithms: A Programmer's Guide to Writing Better Code (2020)

GuDron

dumpz.ws
Admin
Реакции
Credits
Learning Algorithms: A Programmer's Guide to Writing Better Code
Автор: George Heineman (2020)
фронт.jpg
If you are reading this book, I assume you already have a working knowledge of a programming language, such as Python. If you have never programmed before, I encourage you to first learn a programming language and then come back! I use Python in this book because it is accessible to programmers and nonprogrammers alike.

Algorithms are designed to solve common problems that arise frequently in software applications. When teaching algorithms to undergraduate students, I try to bridge the gap between the students’ background knowledge and the algorithm concepts I’m teaching. Many textbooks have carefully written—but always too brief—explanations. Without having a guide to explain how to navigate this material, students are often unable to learn algorithms on their own.

In one paragraph and in Figure P-1, let me show you my goal for the book. I introduce a number of data structures that explain how to organize information using primitive fixed-size types, such as 32-bit integer values or 64-bit floating point values. Some algorithms, such as Binary Array Search, work directly on data structures. More complicated algorithms, especially graph algorithms, rely on a number of fundamental abstract data types, which I introduce as needed, such as stacks or priority queues. These data types provide fundamental operations that can be efficiently implemented by choosing the right data structure. By the end of this book, you will understand how the various algorithms achieve their performance. For these algorithms, I will either show full implementations in Python or refer you to third-party Python packages that provide efficient implementation.

If you review the associated code resources provided with the book, you will see that for each chapter there is a book.py Python file that can be executed to reproduce all tables within the book. As they say in the business, “your mileage may vary,” but the overall trends will still appear.
Скрытое содержимое могут видеть только пользователи групп(ы): Premium, Местный, Свои