Articles Enterprise License Center (ELC) and new licenses (update subscription) by Matthias Eißing

emailx45

Местный
Реакции
Credits
Enterprise License Center (ELC) and new licenses (update subscription)
Matthias Eißing - 15 May 2020
[SHOWTOGROUPS=4,20]
(This is a new / old post because it is no longer available on the old page)
Questions about the Для просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся and updated licenses come here almost every day . Therefore, a small guide or help, which often causes confusion: You have bought a 10.2 Tokyo Edition, which comes automatically with an update subscription. Now you have to update the licenses (as with every new release) to be able to use the latest version (here: 10.3 Rio).
I show this with a practical example.
requirements
  • This only applies to licenses that can or must be extended due to an active subscription
  • This only applies to network licenses
  • This only applies to the ELC (Embarcadero License Center) version 4.x or 5.x.
Example:
  • You bought n licenses from 10.2 Tokyo
  • You want to install 10.3 Rio now
  • You try to import the SLIP file from 10.2 Tokyo during a client installation of Delphi / C ++ Builder ..... and it fails; although you have an update subscription
You have to update the licenses. When the licenses for 10.2 Tokyo were requested at that time, there was nothing in it about 10.3 Rio ..... and nothing about 10.4, 10.5, .....
Access to the web portal on the ELC server via
http: // localhost: 5580 / admin or http: // <IP-des-ELC-Servers>: 5580 / admin / user, password: admin, admin / Bind 0.0.0.0 / possibly firewall!
If you have updated the licenses on the ELC, you will still see the following. That irritates: You bought 10.2 ... updated ... and it still says 10.2:
Bildschirmfoto-2020_2D00_05_2D00_15-um-14.33.21.png

Even if you click on "Update licenses" under Licenses -> License Files, the display does not change!
License update status:
-There are no updates found for the license. (<License number>)
Solution:

The new SLIP files were requested under the hood (this of course presupposes that the license server also has Internet access).
You can also see this in the file directory on the current date (here: May 11, 2020 / ZIP unpacked):
Bildschirmfoto-2020_2D00_05_2D00_15-um-14.42.56.png

NB: It doesn't matter whether the licenses are in the ZIP archive or unpacked. All you need is the SERVER_XXXXX.SLIP file on the license server
These licenses also contain (with active subscription) the last / current release (10.3 Rio). However, "10.2 Tokyo" is still displayed. That may be confusing. Unfortunately, this is normal. There is no way for the end customer / license manager to find out what is really in the SLIP files ....
The licenses can be downloaded (Licenses -> License files -> Download button (small, blue arrow down) .. You should do that and the SLIP file contained therein (NAMED or CONCURRENT_xxx.SLIP for the client installation of Delphi / C ++ Builder / RAD Studio)
I hope to have provided some clarification :)
(If you send me the ZIP archive to my email address: I can look in there for you / I can look in there for you)
ELC 4.x
For the ELC 4.x you have to download the files with the appropriate access data (acct-1234567890 / <secret password> [1234567890 is only an example]) here:
Для просмотра ссылки Войди или ЗарегистрируйсяДля просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся
Therefore, I generally recommend using ELC 5.x ( Для просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся ; migration is possible: the SLIP files are compatible. Please pay attention to port 4467 vs 5567!)

[/SHOWTOGROUPS]