Articles Creating Shortcuts in Code by Matthew Vesperman

emailx45

Местный
Реакции
Credits
Creating Shortcuts in Code by Matthew Vesperman
by Для просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся | Для просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся
[SHOWTOGROUPS=4,20]
I apologize for my hiatus from blogging. Some things out of my control occurred. Everything is going smoothly again and to start things off I have decided to revive a very old (but still relevant) tip I published on UNDU.com on 01-SEP-1999.

The tip shows how you can create shortcuts for actions/menus in code. Enjoy.

Have you ever wondered how to create menu/action shortcuts in code and found the Delphi help system short in this area? If you have then read on…
The Delphi help system has an example on how to create a shortcut, unfortunately they fall short in fully describing this technique. Their example is as follows:
This code creates a shortcut, Ctrl+O, at run time and assigns it to the Open command on a File menu.
Код:
begin
  OpenCommand.ShortCut := ShortCut(Word(‘O’), [ssCtrl]);
end;

However their example only shows how to create a shortcut like Ctrl+O. What if you wanted something like Alt+BkSp of Ctrl+Enter.

Well after some digging I found a function called TextToShortCut, however the Delphi help system suggests not using this function if you can create the shortcut using the ShortCut function.

Their reasoning is that a call to ShortCut is more efficient than a call to TextToShortCut. Well if code speed is an issue for you then the following table lists the keys for the Key parameter to the ShortCut function.

Key
Value
Backspace
8​
Tab
9​
Enter
13​
Escape
27​
Space
32​
Page Up
33​
Page Down
34​
End
35​
Home
36​
Left
37​
Up
38​
Right
39​
Down
40​
Insert
45​
Delete
46​
F1..F12
112..123​
F13..F24
124..135​
Semicolon ;
186​
Equals =
187​
Comma ,
188​
Minus
189​
Period .
190​
Forward Slash /
191​
Tick `
192​
Left Bracket [
219​
Backslash \
220​
Right Bracket ]
221​
Single Quote
222​
Forward Slash /
226​
I’m not sure why this character has two possible values.

With this table handy, we can create a call to shortcut like this:

Код:
actSomeAction.ShortCut := ShortCut(13, [ssCtrl]);

and actSomeAction’s ShortCut would be set to Ctrl+Enter

You should still follow the Delphi help system’s example if you need to create a ShortCut like Ctrl+A.

That’s all there is to creating menu/action shortcuts in code.

[/SHOWTOGROUPS]