Ben Stephenson - The Python Workbook. Second Edition (2019)

GuDron

dumpz.ws
Admin
Реакции
Credits
The Python Workbook. Second Edition
автор: Ben Stephenson (2019)
фронт.jpg
I believe that computer programming is a skill that is best learned through hands-on experience. While it is valuable for you to read about programming in textbooks and watch teachers create programs at the front of classrooms, it is even more important for you to spend time-solving problems that allow you to put programming concepts into practice. With this in mind, the majority of the pages in this book are dedicated to exercises and their solutions while only a few pages are used to briefly introduce the concepts needed to complete them. This book contains 186 exercises that span a variety of academic disciplines and everyday situations. They can be solved using only the material covered in most introductory Python programming courses. Each exercise that you complete will strengthen your understanding of the Python programming language and enhance your ability to tackle subsequent programming challenges. I also hope that the connections that these exercises make to other academic disciplines and everyday life will maintain your interest as you complete them. Solutions to approximately half of the exercises are provided in the second half of this book. Most of the solutions include brief annotations that explain the technique used to solve the problem or highlight a specific point of Python syntax. You will find these annotations in shaded boxes, making it easy to distinguish them from the solution itself. I hope that you will take the time to compare each of your solutions with mine, even when you arrive at your solution without encountering any problems. Performing this comparison may reveal a flaw in your program, or help you become more familiar with a technique that you could have used to solve the problem more easily. In some cases, it could also reveal that you have discovered a faster or easier way to solve the problem than I have. If you become stuck on an exercise, a quick peek at my solution may help you work through your problem and continue to make progress without requiring assistance from someone else. Finally, the solutions that I have provided demonstrate good programming style, including appropriate comments, meaningful variable names, and minimal use of magic numbers. I encourage you to use good programming style when creating your solutions so that they compute the correct result while also being clear, easy to understand, and amenable to being updated in the future. vii Exercises that include a solution are clearly marked with (Solved) next to the exercise name. The length of the sample solution is also stated for every exercise in this book. While you shouldn’t expect your solution length to match the sample solution length exactly, I hope that providing this information will prevent you from going too far astray before seeking assistance. This book can be used in a variety of ways. Its concise introductions to major Python programming concepts, which are new in this edition, allow it to be used as the lone textbook for an introductory programming course. It can also be used to supplement another textbook that has a limited selection of exercises. A motivated individual could teach themselves to program in Python using only this book, though there are, perhaps, easier ways to learn the language because the concise introductions to each topic cover only their most important aspects, without examining every special case or unusual circumstance. No matter what other resources you use with this book, if any, reading the chapters, completing the exercises, and studying the provided solutions will enhance your programming ability.

Скрытое содержимое могут видеть только пользователи групп(ы): Premium, Местный, Свои