webinar: Moving FishFacts to the Future

FireWind

Свой
Реакции
Credits
webinar: Moving FishFacts to the Future
Wed, May 12, 2021 11:00 PM - Thu, May 13, 2021 12:00 AM MSK
1620215530566.png
One of the first demos for Delphi to demonstrate the power and productivity with databases is FishFacts. It's a small application that can be quickly written in Delphi, and a stock version shipped with many versions of Delphi. I've written it many times in various ways (in the "classical" way, with live bindings, using Intraweb, etc...). It only takes about five minutes to write and doesn't require any coding, something that still blows the minds of non-Delphi users. The database used with FishFacts has migrated to many different platforms and engines, but the data has remained the same - in particular the images are starting to look a bit dated (they do go back to the mid-1990s after all). After a conversation with Jim, I thought I'd have a go at improving on those images - which is when I disappeared down the rabbit hole. In this webinar, you'll see how easy it is to build a database application in Delphi, and how it can handle JSON, REST, Regular Expressions, and JPEG image manipulation as we move FishFacts into the Future! Alister Christie is an Embarcadero MVP. You may recognize him from the LearnDelphi.tv website and YouTube Channel. He also offers courses on Udemy and Embaradero Academy and has recently written a book Code Faster in Delphi. You can find his book and links to his videos on his website LearnDelphi.tv.
Для просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся