Daniel Nichter - Efficient MySQL Performance: Best Practices and Techniques (2021)

GuDron

dumpz.ws
Admin
Реакции
Credits
Efficient MySQL Performance: Best Practices and Techniques
Автор: Daniel Nichter (2021)
фронт.jpg
A gap in MySQL literature exists between basic MySQL knowledge and advanced MySQL performance. There are several books about the former, and one book about the latter: High Performance MySQL, also published by O’Reilly. This is the first and only book to bridge the gap.

The gap exists because MySQL is complex, and it’s difficult to teach performance without addressing that complexity—the proverbial elephant in the room. But engineers using (not managing) MySQL should not need to become MySQL experts to achieve remarkable MySQL performance. To bridge the gap, this book is unapologetically efficient—pay no attention to the elephant; it’s friendly.

Efficient MySQL performance means focus: learning and applying only the best practices and techniques that directly effect remarkable MySQL performance. That focus dramatically narrows the scope of MySQL complexity and allows me to show you a much simpler and faster path through the vast and complex field of MySQL performance. The journey begins with the title and first sentence of Chapter 1: performance is query response time. From there, we move fast through indexes, data, access patterns, and a lot more.

On a scale of one to five–where one is an introduction for anyone, and five is a deep dive for aspiring experts—this book ranges from three to four: deep, but far from the bottom. I presume that you’re an experienced engineer who has basic knowledge and experience with a relational database (MySQL or otherwise), so I do not explain SQL or database fundamentals. I presume that you’re an accomplished programmer who is responsible for one or more application that uses MySQL, so I continually reference the application and trust that you know the details of your application. I also presume that you’re familiar with computers in general, so I talk freely about hardware, software, networks, and so forth.

Since this book focuses on MySQL performance for engineers using MySQL, not managing it, a few references to MySQL configuration are made when necessary but not explained. For help configuring MySQL, ask a DBA where you work. If you don’t have a DBA, hire a MySQL consultant: there are many great consults with affordable contract options. And you can learn by reading the Для просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся. The MySQL manual is superb, and experts use it all the time, so you’re in good company.

GuDron

dumpz.ws
Admin
Реакции
Credits
Альтернативная ссылка в формате EPUB